Old 07-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #83
pinoy_dorifto
Tuloy po kayo!

Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
4.88 really wakes up the AUTO and puts its quite ahead, definitely on my mod list when I find a proper installer nearby. Did you find the cusco LSD neccessary? How do you find the handling afterwards?
It was a great deal on a used complete rear diff assembly with the Cusco and Weir inside. Came from @Lunatic A/T FR-S. I couldn't pass on it specially when Evasive is charging 1K just on labor to install the FD. LSD benefits mostly if your going to the track, if only DD, OEM Torsen should be ok.

Car feels great! Not a neck snapping acceleration but it is freaking quick! It almost feels like the car lost a lot of weight? it feels so light! High way speed is great also, I can just leave it on 6th gear all day long! Only bad about it is that whine! I got used to is tho'

For the LSD, you do feel a difference from stock. At first, I had to use Valvoline oil to get it running (DD car), it was noisy as F on just trying to park. When the Cusco Diff oil arrived, huge difference! lol Only clunks on when you change from reverse to drive. I drive it with the "5 sec track off" daily to feel and get used to it at low speeds. You could feel the rear pushes you more. I haven't tracked it yet, but I bet it'll be a different experience compared to stock.