View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 11:58 AM   #7
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,890 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lets face it, our cars are big and heavy and in particular NOSE-heavy relative to an NA Miata. Still, I *massively* enjoy driving mine to/at/from the track. i have a similar setup to yours as it is my daily-driver. Bilstein B8s, Swift Spec-R springs (4.5F/5.3R), Eibach 25mm front (soft position) and 19mm rear (set to stiff) anti-roll bars. I have a bit more front camber via Raceseng plates and being 30mm lowered on the Swift springs, I'm at -3.7F -2.7R camber.

Honestly I'm not tempted to change anything to make mine more trackworthy, despite the fact that I'm in close competition with a track-dedicated NA Miata in my time trials class (T50 with COMSCC).

I've never driven on the Falkens or Federals, maybe they're fine, but tires will play a big part in feel and fun. I'm running 245/40-17 Nankang CR-1s and 235/45-17 Yok A052s this year. VERY different feeling tires, but both fun in their own ways. CR-1s seem to enjoy being driven HARD and will grind their way to the apex if you overcook it a bit on entry, whereas the A052s are more delicate and require more precision.

One thing you might consider is going to 225s on 8" or 8.5" wheels, or 235s or 245s on 9" wheels. The front of these cars is very grip-challenged due to Pony-car-esque 55/45 weight distribution. I have a 5 lb. battery (-25 lb.), catless header (-10 lb?), and 2-piece rotors (-12 lb.), near-empty washer fluid reservoir (-6 lb) and still only 53.5/46.5 with me in it and a full tank. DOH!

But ultimately nothing you do is going to make it feel like a much smaller, lighter-weight, shorter-wheelbase, better-balanced NA Miata track car...
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZDan For This Useful Post:
fminicooper (07-30-2021)