Old 01-05-2021, 09:10 AM   #2396
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Completely agree with this, that was my first thought (well thoughts).

On the GPU, if you are gaming this will be the most critical part of the build. Basically, buy the best card you can for the budget you have. Look at speed tests on Tom's Hardware and other such sites then find the one that matches your budget. I typically buy one level down from the top tier because the top tier usually have a stupid amount of geek tax associated with them.

It's likely your build will survive a couple of video card upgrades in the future. I've found that I usually upgrade video cards every two or three years and buy/build a whole new system every 6 to 8 years. I'm not typically running games at the bleeding edge though as I actually prefer it with some of they eye candy turned down a bit.

Right now is the new RTX 3080, but is going for almost $800, if you can find it, that is. The 2060 is more than capable and is fraction of the cost, but is hard to find right now. Is just about the only thing that I'm missing on my cart.