View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
007BRZ

Drives: 2017 BRZ Yellow Spec Ed 1of500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Holding off on Flex Fuel Kits for my 2017

I really don't want to start a lot of clamor here, but I have a lot invested into my 2017 BRZ Yellow Special Edition with a complete Stage 100 Crawford build.
The first red flag came up when I heard from FT86 that they were testing a few 2017 flex fuel Kits that allow you to run any mixture. (I have few stations here with E85). Crawford could of set up my BRZ for E85 ONLY with no problems. FT86 said they have one working with a lot of wiring. They have not offered one for sale you. It seems there are voltage differences in the 2017.

Second red flag was that I emailed Quirt Crawford, that I was going to go with a particular kit since Viscondi has not responded to me and COBB does not think the market is big enough to do the R&D. Quirt told me not to do it now and he has replaced a few engines in my group. Got slammed against the wall! (My girl friend's husband walked in) That's why I have asked who is running a Flex Fuel kit (mixture pumped gas and E85) I do not want to be the guinea pig.
I have put Flex Fuel on hold for now. My Crawford build, Ecutek Tune, 3" exhaust system runs like a rocket next to my 2013 limited
Sorry to bust your bubble, but I want to know a few 2017's who have run for 5000 miles or more on mixtures. I am hoping that Viscondi puts out one.
I also have a full Ecutek kit and license, and my original tune was done in LA, then shipped back to Florida
Attached Images

007BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 007BRZ For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (09-23-2017)