Old 09-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #135
alex87f
Meow

Drives: GT86, Volvo 996
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
Same can be said the other way around. There are people claiming they could follow a Porsche turbo and then you check the video to realize that the other driver wasn't competent at all. I believe that we should have some common sense about what a stock or even modified GT86/BRZ can do independently of driver experience. Trying to to chase or even catch high performance (super-) cars on a fast race track is quite an overstatement. At least with reasonable mods that will not risk considerably the lifetime of the motor and other components.

In MCM's case, I think the car is held back by the driver. I still get a blast watching their videos, but great track drivers they don't seem to be (hey, I'm probably not better).

Their modded BRZ makes around 320hp at the crank and weighs in the 2800lbs range. This should make for a pretty quick track car, which can follow a Cayman or even a non-GT / Turbo 911 with relative ease, especially with these tyres.

Modded cars generally perform better than stock cars with similar weight & hp on a track, simply because they've typically got all the supporting mods that help go fast (tyres, brakes, suspension, etc.).
alex87f is offline   Reply With Quote