View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #8106
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revaholic View Post
Hey all, wanted your opinion on something. I'm having a Sprintex intercooled installed on my FRS, as well as a perrin oil cooler. The car is completely stock except for an axleback, which means the headers are stock and I'm running 91 octane. The tuners is getting lower than expected power on the dyno, about 170whp, compared to an non-intercooled version also with stock headers and 91 which they say are making about 185whp. I never noticed any issues with the car otherwise, and will probably get a header down the road, just didn't want to do it right now with the money I'm spending. Any ideas on what the problem could be if not the gas and headers?
Sounds like the common issue with the MAP sensor. On the intercooled kit you have to run the stock one... or something like that otherwise you end up without much top end power on the intercooled kit. There is no issue with MAP sensor on non-intercooled kit. If you go back a few pages (maybe 100 or more) you'll find it (sorry for not being so helpful.... strapped on time at the moment, but wanted to give my 2c).
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajcarson11 For This Useful Post:
Joeyb860 (02-10-2018), revaholic (02-08-2018)