Thread: Blew my motor
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 09:56 AM   #14
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I kinda agree with frs Justin, in the fact. When I lowered my CR on my hayabusa to 9:1, I felt the bike was a gsxr 600 before boost. When I hit boost, snap.... it was nasty, nasty, nasty.

I think the tuner can advance timing with the much lower CR to help before boost and start to pull timing as needed as the turbo starts to spool. The plus side to lower CR is just less room for error and with valve and piston clearance. Also with lower CR we can run 93octane at much high hp.

For the people running a gtx28 the factory CR with stronger rods and valves might be idle but for the members running much larger turbos such as the gtx30 I or gtx35s with hp goals over 400, I'd say lower CR is required.

Find your hp goal and talk to a real tuner that has great reviews not just a ecutek stamp on the ecutek website.

I'm still intrested in what psi this motor was blow at.
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GsxrMe For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (04-30-2016)