Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
It depends on how they implemented it.

I went to school for that (not directly game development related) and I still don't understand why.
This is pretty much the answer I got when I asked someone I know who does code for a living. That they probably have something really shitty in there preventing it from working when other games can successfully load thousands of items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
I think it may before related to graphical issues. That they can only load a certain number of unique tiles into memory, which IS on the console. there very well could be room for more, but due to the variables of how many other guardians and special vendor visits with potentially each character using a unique piece of gear in every slot, plus world assets etc, etc... They could have hard limited the vault to prevent other issues where assets don't load.

I think someone on reddit already brought up a similar idea, but if the app is easier to develop and change, make a special long-term storage that isn't accessible in game, its app only. This way it doesn't alter anything about the game code but let's us collect to our hearts desire.
Deep storage, yeah. I wouldn't have a problem with that, although I imagine there will be a few people complaining because they don't own a smart phone or PC...

Ships, shaders, sparrows, and emblems need to be account-bound and put into a selectable menu though, instead of being put as holdable items.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote