Thread: PCV question
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 10:32 PM   #1
jeepmor

Drives: 84 CJ7, 08 Duramax, 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PCV question

First off. HKS supercharger, all stock engine otherwise. Installed with HKS provided tune from their now discontinued flash kit. 92 octane tune.

I read here along the way that I should be replacing my PCV valve with a Subaru STI PCV valve to deal with the boost. I did not add anything that did not come with the HKS kit, so still stock valve in place. I've had the SC on about a 1500 miles now and noticed an odd noise on acceleration this morning. Made me think something loose or rattling.

Could this be the source of my noise? I checked under the hood this morning. Bolts and all clearances look good. Then I thought of the PCV valve on the way home.

Any input on what they sound like when they're dying from boost? I'm not losing boost that I notice, just has an odd fluttery sound that's definitely not the SC itself. Thinking my valve may be starting give up and looking for experienced feedback. I'm new to boost, please forgive me if this is a total FNG question, just trying to understand what, if anything, is wrong or if this is normal.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote