Old 08-21-2019, 01:55 PM   #7
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro13 View Post
In summer, since I drive my car in a highway, the highway is full of bugs (and crap) and my car is halo (white) color, I wash it 2 to 3 times per week... Otherwise my front looks like a bug catalog. The way that I do it is buy one of this "season pass" of one of the Gas chain here (Petro -Canada) and ONLY using touchless car wash! Never (ever) use the ones with "gentile touch", because at the end I think this touch car washes damage your paint. After almost 3 years with my car, paint still looking great. I also wax my car once or twice per year and don't use it on winter. Last note: this "season pass cards" are little expensive, but if you have 2 or more cars are worth it( just make the math). Another alternative is buy one of this cards with a couple of friends and take turns, since you are allowed o have one "full wash" car per day...My two cents.

Hear ya on the bugs. There is nothing like driving through the swamps bordering the 401 at dusk or dawn.
No bugs.
No bugs
No bugs.
Swamp.
BAAM can't see through bug covered windshield.

Season passes can be had for as little as $100 around here. That is far less than the $14 per wash individual price. I know there are some that cost way more though and teaming up is the way to go.

Just one point on the touchless washes. They are not all created equal. Around here we have an abundance of lakes and river so have an extensive water supply. This means the wash is all done using fresh clean water. In many places the washes "filter" and reuse the same water over and over and over and over until it is more of a chemical stew than actual water. You don't want to use them too often in those areas.
Pedro13 (11-25-2019)