View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 01:40 AM   #195
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I didn't have much time today, but I got a few things done:

I checked on the fuel lines, and sure enough, the lines are all the same size, and they simply bifurcate, so I decided to pull the extra line out of the car. Then I pulled the EVAP line to the rear. I decided to just cut it and hook up a hose, so it terminates and vents in a nice spot. I don't know if the system is purely mechanical at the rear, meaning the system will vent the canister as pressure builds, or maybe it is electrically controlled. I don't know. Hopefully moisture won't get in.

I had a T distribution port with three 1/8 NPT female ends. I found a 1/8 barb for boost, 1/4 for my BOV and a 3/8 to go to the manifold, which is close enough to the 7/16 (I believe) size of the supplied barb.

I fit the AC lines on the compressor. They cleared the catch cans, but I made a slight adjustment. I'll do the AN lines tomorrow, so I can mount the intake manifold, TB and fuel rail. Everything seems to fit and clear well enough, at least on the intake side.

On the exhaust side, the story is a little different. I took a chance on having the manifold and downpipe custom fabricated for a RWD K24 chassis, but there is no chance that things will clear with the rear coolant line and wastegate in the way it is designed, but it can be salvaged. There is plenty of room if I reverse the wastegate tube on the manifold and turn it down instead of up. With the wastegate down and out of the way, I should be able to route the downpipe in a larger opening that is more to the lateral of the previous location towards the sound tube opening. The plan is to cut the wastagate mount and rotating it 180 degrees, and then I can make modifications to the down pipe. The plan was to custom make the end of it, but I will need to do more.

The plan was to transition the 3'' downpipe into a short 3'' flex pipe to a 3'' to 2.5'' transition to a 2.5'' flange that would terminate in the stock location making it possible to run any aftermarket exhaust component without fitment issues, but I will be scrapping all that. I will be running a 3'' downipipe to the 3'' flex pipe and then have it terminate to a 3'' V-band. I plan to cut the Berk pipe at the front of the high flow cat and then weld on a 3'' pipe to a V-band. Everything post the cat will be 2.5''. The wastegate dump tube should be fairly easy to connect to the downpipe at the angle it will be once it is inverted. More work, but it shouldn't be too bad.