Old 07-01-2021, 10:18 PM   #167
YSoAggressive
Exhaust Lord

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerRumble View Post
Yep we have the Tomei catless UEL / stock Overpipe & mid pipe, Nvidia N1. Yes I know its like sitting in the last row of an old Boeing 727 and the cabin noise / buzzing just fills your ears and is unbearable. Yes when I drive this car home after picking it up I wanted to put earplugs in, and the highway was the worst. So I’d constantly change gears and vary engine speed. I’d open both windows - that reduced it 10%. Now, like I said, the rattle in my passenger door is way more annoying. I can keep a constant speed in any gear, no drone. Like I said between 3300-3800 rpm there is some drone but even then it is 50% of what it was, and only in that narrow rpm band, and if I am decelerating- nothing. I told my son not to look at the tach and tell me when there is anything remotely sounding like drone- that’s how we got that range. It’s a miracle really. I was ready to get an exhaust shop to weld in a j-pipe or helmholtz, or try Dynomat above the spare, but now - not a priority / who cares, many others mods are a higher priority. This is the best $73 USD / $91 CAD I’ve ever spent in my life. The blue hangers look really cool and I am 1 step closer to being track-ready. Shoutout to Sean Yuck, owner of subieland.ca for getting the Cumo hangers to me in 2 days at a great price (while my other order at FT86 won’t be coming in for 3 weeks).
Pic below, I love the blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are the Cusco ones correct? They work as well? I got the Nengen Subaru Genuine hangers from Japan I believe they are black but it seems even the Cusco ones work which is great because there is a bigger supply of those. I was playing on switching my catback and thus have been on my long journey of looking at different catbacks. Hopefully this does work at least to some degree I’ll be fine with it then my Tomei headers won’t be a complete bust for being too loud. When I think of the drone it just makes me think I could’ve gotten a better catback or quieter headers like the jdl ones.
YSoAggressive is offline   Reply With Quote