Old 05-27-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How's the Catless Life?

Good afternoon everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying your memorial day weekend. I'll be looking to do a couple mods to my BRZ this summer. Just want to give it a little bump in power so like everyone ever, I'll start of with headers and a tune. I was looking at catless UEL headers because they are a lot cheaper and have more variety than the catted ones. My question is if the pros to having catless headers outweigh the cons (smell, emissions etc.) I had a catless 335i and the smell has unbearable for me. I know it's a completely different engine so it might be a different experience. I don't mind a little whiff at cold starts or whatever, but I don't want to be suffocating in traffic or stop lights with the windows down. Would a dual resonated front pipe or something like the JDL Ultra Quiet help with this? Or should I just spend the extra $$$ on the catted headers? Also thinking about E85, but I'll figure this out first. Will be adding a lightweight catback and MAYBE an intake if it matters.

Also, if anyone in Houston knows how to get passed emissions please let me know lol. Had the catless 335i for a few months only so I never got to that point. All over the place lol but any extra advice or product recommendation is much appreciated. Thanks for reading
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote