View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 05:01 AM   #26
Big D Design

Drives: FRS RED - 12 Roush RS3 - 92 Maxima
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
More Stealth Stage 2

I think I remember initially that it was stated that you could get the Stage 2 kit and keep your existing exhaust system. In order to redline the car around town it would be an advantage to lose a few HP and not have the cops know you were flogging the car. The Stage 1.1 kit doesn't seem too loud although. I love a loud car, don't get me wrong. But I already have 2 other cars you can hear 1/2 mile away exceeding 100db. My FRS is the only car I can drive under the radar to redline.

I think this kit is the only way to go for me. Living in North Florida the outdoor temps can get pretty high for half of the year. So I like the whole design of the Cosworth System much better than the other ones out there. I don't need any more power than the Stage 2 gives you at this psi. I still want to have the handling of the Direzzas at 225/17 in the rear and 215/17 in the front. I have Kosei Racing wheels that are only 14lbs and the unsprung weight is 32 pounds less than stock. I love the feel of these tire sizes and any more power will just break them loose.

So here's what I'm hoping to do. Get a Stage 2 kit, and then buy later on the catback Stage 1.1 exhaust. This way I could get a little loud when I wanted to, and I could put back on the stock catback and be quiet for stealth. Let me know what you guys think of this setup, and if Cosworth will give us a stock exhaust map for 93 V Power (gas of choice).
Big D Design is offline   Reply With Quote