Old 06-05-2021, 06:42 PM   #31
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,818 Times in 16,426 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
I'm pre-approved for 400k 20% down. I told them this amount, I didn't request the maximum they would approve me for. I don't want to worry about the payments. It's nice to not have to check my balances.

It's contract work, so I get new contracts. It's W2 though.

I'm very far from where I used to be. I am interested in east Texas, east of I35, north of I10. I am very flexible due to the nature of my work. Right now I'm in west Texas but I can be in the east if I want in July.

I'm a single guy with no entanglements
No debts, no obligations, free as a bird
OK. Once you decide to buy a house (as opposed to a condo or renting) I suggest you go on zillow.com or realtor.com and scope out general areas of interest, to get an idea of what homes are selling for in that area.

Put into your search criteria the basic parameters (like number of bedrooms, size in square feet, lot size and price range). This will give you an idea of what houses are selling for in any particular area.

Next firm up a preapproval letter (from a reputable lender) (by getting it in writing).

Contact a real estate broker, of a well known real estate agency, in the area you are looking in and ask him/her to recommend an experienced buyers agent to represent you.

Interview the recommended agent and outline your criteria.

* geographical area
* square feet range
* minimum number of bedrooms
* maximum price
* lot size range

Mention your timing (being flexible), that you are pre approved, that your offer would not be contingent.

Follow the advice of your buyers agent.

Good luck!
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
bcj (06-06-2021), soundman98 (06-05-2021), Spuds (06-06-2021), ZionsWrath (06-05-2021)