pessimistic skeptic

Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,035 Times in 684 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Actually that's on ACN91. Just a good tune. This is with a stock front pipe in place too.

Turbos don't have the parasitic loss of a supercharger, so the power difference is what the supercharger is eating, all else equal.
5.5 psi is just about 37% more than atmospheric pressure. But you are getting 50% more power than NA without any other mod. What a marvelous tune! Is CSG selling that setup and tune. I would get it and take my JRSC off for sure. Assuming you have a fully custom turbo setup, what is your header?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
100% Agree. Everyone deserves mild/reliable boost!

Because I'm not pushing big boost, a "more efficient" larger turbo is not actually more efficient for me. This can be determined with compressor maps and/or looking at intake charge temps vs pressure.

The T518Z with ethanol, will easily clear 450hp crank/350whp. In fact, I do so on only about 10.5 psi. More boost than this goes into diminishing returns, and really should be done with a larger turbo, but I'm okay with the power I have!
While you are here. Intake charge temps vs pressure, is this considered in your tune currently? Or you would consider it with bigger boost? I am asking since some of the heat soak complaints that I also had in the previous years could be related, I thought.

Last edited by mrg666; 06-04-2020 at 05:49 PM.
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote