View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 01:49 AM   #86
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I wonder how the issue of commuting will develop. Historically it was the inner city that became a less desirable place and the suburbs gained value. My friend is single and has a tenure track position at our university but can’t afford to buy in the neighborhood she lives and neither can I with a double income no kids lifestyle.

I commute and she does not. She also doesn’t want to live in a lower income spot and commute out.

A market correction is something people talk about in regards to a bubble bursting or whatever. I don’t put much confidence in that. How this continues? I don’t fuckin know.

Is the answer diversifying neighborhoods? There’s no way in hell that’s working. I live in a pretty low income already. Some of the properties here and there were subdivided and have multi family housing interspersed throughout the blocks. If you think someone wants improves their property and live next to a driveway with 10 cars w trash in their yard you’re not being realistic.

What reason do I have to improve my home, yard, etc when the other 66% of the street is performing basic survival? Altruism? I want to move to an area my efforts in keeping up w the Jones’ is not unrewarded. I don’t have any solutions that I think the rest of the populace would buy into.

This doesn’t have a simple solution though. There’s a complex number of players in all of this and condensing it all into a rule is an equally complex problem. Rent somewhere cheap and invest. Buy out properties to make a diverse block and let us know how it goes.
dpfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dpfarr For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (07-05-2022), soundman98 (07-05-2022), Spuds (07-05-2022)