CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhp2 View Post
Hi folks,

I've been reading this forum for a while now but recently I registered to inquire some details about a couple of upgrade options. Since I've been thinking of getting a FR-S and upgrade it after break-in period, I've decided to get a FBM kit to start. If time and finances permit later, I'd do more serious upgrades: built engine, bigger turbo, racing tranny and clutch, carbon drive shaft, racing rear LSD, carbon panels, etc... but still keep it street legal (passing smog) . Which then got me thinking:

"If I have about $100k to spend on a car, should I get Nissan GT-R or Corvette Z06 and call it good? Or should I get something else and see if I can turn it into a poor man's super car?"

Thus, I started a data collection to see relative comparison. I'll add more later such as ECU, panels/hood/trunks, etc... Below link contains some of the turbo specs and the investment cost vs weight to power ratio. The weight to power ratio compares stock FR-S, mod FR-S of some the members here, GT-R, Z06 and some of the other expensive sports car and supercar. Any good sports car would be in ~8 pounds / horsepower and ~8 pounds / ft-lb. Any great ass kicking super car would be in the ~4 and below.

Comments and suggestions welcome. Please no flame war. This is meant as general guideline for tuning and upgrade path. There's a lot more to the performance of car than just peak HP/TQ (all else being equal) such as smooth power band, etc...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Note: Since the members here provided numbers from the dyno, I did an estimated efficiency calculation of numbers provided by OEM at the engine vs what's measured at wheels by the members here. Then I used that percentage efficiency (83% HP, 91% TQ) to calculate what would be at the engine baring no tranny replacement.
Used 996 + mods.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Dream20b (07-09-2016)