View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #12
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhelan View Post
As an aside, how are you liking the STi/Bilstein setup? I'm eyeing that setup if something happens to my PP Sachs.
I’m loving it. My car is primarily a DD so I wanted road clearance for my awful local roads but still be lower than stock. I combined this setup with shorter bump stops to make my suspension travel essentially stock. I feel like the sti springs (mine are JDM) pair with the full length B6 struts/shocks very nicely because of its minimal 10-15mm drop. Very comfy, and I can actually go fast on a warped canyon road.

However they are progressive and on the softer side (about 175#f, 225#r). To take advantage of my 200tw tires I bought the 2017+ rear sway bar and a Perrin 19mm front bar. This feels very similar to my old RCE springs minus the squat and dip present with this current setup.

I still think I could run faster times with stiffer overall spring rates at the track, but I am 99% DD. In the future I will most likely go with RCE SS1 coilovers to avoid these fitment issues, hopefully keep a soft DD ride, while significantly reducing body roll.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norcalpb For This Useful Post:
BlueWhelan (06-22-2019)