View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 02:56 PM   #1
SaulSNES

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A cry for help - front suspension issue

Whats going on everyone. Im having an issue with the front end of my car in that the coilovers are not wanting to act/react normal and I need some help figuring this out.

Somewhere along the way my front end has developed an aggressive bounce that I haven't for the life of me been able to figure out or solve. Pushing down on the rear of the car with the coilover damping set to the softest setting gives me the rebound reaction one would expect, but pushing down on the fronts it stays absolutely stiff!

So far I:

-Took my front coilovers apart, made sure the shocks traveled freely+without any noise or friction and re-assembled everything to Teins measurements and torque specs. Felt a hair better but nothing to solve my overall front end stiffness.

-Undid the 2mm of pre-load that Teins manual suggests in an attempt to soften the front up. Again, felt a hair better but the front is still immobile.

-Loosened the three lower control arm nuts/bolts, jacked the control arm up to where the hub would be positioned if the car was on the ground and torqued the three spots to factory specs. Did absolutely nothing for the fronts stiffness.

In performing that last procedure of jacking the control arm up to its driving position I noticed that the car wanted to come off the jackstands as if the shock had hit its limit/floor and wanted to take the car up with it instead of sink and absorb that upward pressure from the jack.

I'm very much confused, frustrated and especially desperate to figure out what it is that's going on here. One of the best parts of these cars is how well they ride/handle/corner and needless to say right now im not enjoying any of that.

Any leads or comments would greatly be appreciated! Thanks
SaulSNES is offline   Reply With Quote