Old 05-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #79
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azian_advanced View Post
there has been some talk about dealers, but what about the staff working at the docks? i'm not sure if this applies to docks in the U.S. but here in Canada (at the west coast), there have been many reports of vehicle abuse when ships (roll on roll off) arrive and the staff drive the vehicles off. many cars have had busted bodykits (might actually be inevitable depending on how they're unloaded), some have had shift knobs stolen, stereos stolen, staff thrashing the cars from cold in a rush to unload the ship, staff have been reported to do donuts at the docks, etc. i will be picking up a car in less than 2 weeks (a celica) and this has me worried.
this can be true, but is not ALWAYS true, but yeah from my personal experiences (because I have driven STi's from boat dock to dealer I'm not gonna lie, people have wailed on your car!) and even though it says about ~ < 10 miles, you'd be surprised the shit people pulled on your car before delivery.

Just be happy we live in an age where precision rules, and it doesn't really matter, because lets face it, the abuse they try to grab-ass can probably withstand it, and the test of time, so just relax.

For me personally, I'm more worried about people drilling holes in my front fascia, and heating dorky dealership letters on the rear end of MY car, I hate that.....

as for stolen OEM shit, I doubt that, that is a NO NO... but you are in "Canada" lol

That is actually a deal breaker for me, and if you wanna beat on my shit out of the cargo docks from the ship be my guest.
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote