Old 02-03-2016, 01:29 AM   #36
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post

I don't know about these ECU driven engines, but wouldn't it still turn over even if the fuel injection system was screwed up ...... ??

humfrz
Yes in some cases, however I know of some cases with people who installed the Crawford BPBs without the "riser" because the provided instructions were crap. They found it doesn't ground properly with one of the bolts loose and the car would not turn over, other people would have the engine turn over then die immediately.

Also with tuning stuff for the main ECU, I know that if you accidentally skip a step in the OFT flash process and turn the key to start the car nothing will happen @steve99 might know what happens there. It usually happens when you press OK one of the last few steps and the car refuses to start till the ignition is turned fully off and back on again. But that's a different ball game.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
humfrz (02-03-2016)