Old 04-04-2022, 09:41 AM   #12
alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPhilly View Post
I finished the install this past weekend. It took longer than expected due to having issues with the subwoofer. I would say this could take anyone about a week + 2 weekends to sound deaden the whole car (if you work a 9-5). It took me 2 weeks.

The results were worth the time spent. I will still have to grab some quantitative data but just listening, the car sounds a lot quieter. The OEM sound system itself sounds really good but with the sound deadening, you can bump music very loudly and not hear it outside the car if the windows are closed. Only the exhaust can be heard outside the car (perrin catback + catted jdl uel). Sounds fantastic in the car.

I used all of the MLV I had and had 11lbs of CLD left. I would say the car added about ~105 lbs. I did the doors, floor, trunk and backseat side panels. Car drives pretty much the same. I'll drop my review of OEM Audio + in here too.
@oemaudioplus

Sound
5/5 stars. I can't complain, sounds fantastic stereo wise. I am slightly picky due to having a monitor and sub setup for producing so it sounded a little bass heavy but its perfect when driving.

Install
2/5 stars
The install wasn't hard however I was having issues with my subwoofer not playing and had to go through tech support for about a week. I worked with Rick over the phone/facetime and he was very helpful when diagnosing what was wrong with my system. After a new wiring harness was sent, I was still not getting power to the sub amp. The issue turned out to be the ground cable in the power connector did not have a good connection. Once spliced and put back in, the sub fired with no issues. I did not want this to be a complaint, however I just wanted to log my experience/issues.

All in all, very happy with the way the car sounds!

I also had an issue with a ground when I did my system (not OEM audio +) and once the bass hits it's so nice!

Enjoy.