Old 09-24-2022, 07:44 AM   #3458
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,183 Times in 3,472 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
TIL (again) why the steps leading off my 10' high deck, have hand rails. The porch light doesn't light up the last 1-3 steps. It's sems like a looong way down when you think you are stepping off the last step - and it's actually the third step.

My combat roll didn't help me - I just slammed down sideways on the hard ground.

I took a few readings, put my glasses back on and took the lit cigarette out of my mouth.

Laying on my back, I remembered the old saying that, when you get older "don't sit down on the floor (ground) unless you got a plan for getting up".

So, I wiggled over on my back till I got to a slope in the yard and "rolled - up" on my hands and knees, then staggered upright.

Other than my rib cage hurting every time I take a deep breath and a skinned-up arm, I think I'll survive.

I think I'm ah gonna put a child proof gate in front of those stairs, as a reminder to pay attention to what I'm doing -
The list of things 'not to do' seems to be getting longer:

1. No reversing out of parking slots
2. No more showing off your 'Fall guy' skills when trying to impress the neighbours..
3. Ramps are better than stairs.

Get well soon.
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-24-2022)