View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
Mikepage

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013 Raven
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr-s.h View Post
Im prepping for boost at the moment thats why ive become increasingly intrested in tightening up the drivetrain. Subframe inserts have been at the top of my list along with a crossmeember insert/brace. I saw your review on the subframe inserts, how hard was it to rescrew that one bolt? im thinking of just getting new bolts if its only 4 bolts, maybe they are one time use bolts? i really dont want to strip the threads to the chassis. Did you use any type of lube when cleaning the threads or just compressed air? any other tips for the install?

I use only anti-seize every time to prevent seizing. Of course do not tight the bolt at the oem spec after applying a lubricant. I have torqued the bolts only on my hand...

If you absolutely want to have them torqued, you can search on the web to find the chart to calculate what is the torque for an lubricated bolt.

I will suggest you to clean the holes with an air compressed to avoids problems in case...

We have done these bussing on 2 differents cars and only experimented the problem on my car... And it's was only more tight to screw for one bolt due to some debris on the hole... This is why am suggesting to use compressed air... That I forget to do...

Good luck and just take your time! It's supposed to be very easy.

Mikepage is offline   Reply With Quote