Old 05-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #541
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS-Colin View Post
Battery charge and oil pressure are still analog signals to the dash! I cant control them through CAN!
Awesome thanks!! Kind of what I assumed. Not worried about oil pressure light. Only told you once it's too late. That is what aftermarket oil pressure gauge is for.

Looks like the "L" signal wires from alternator will tie directly into the "L" Signal wire headed into FRS Gauge cluster. Sounds easy enough. Hopefully find out tomorrow.

Got a little bit of work done today: Return Style system finished up. I was going to "vlog" the day, but couldn't find my go pro mount and forgot about it after the fuel pump modifications. So I have pictures to grab out of that video.

Here is the start of when I was taking pictures. Bulkhead Fitting

Got both feed and return lines made up. Pretty happy with them. Feed line could be a tiny bit longer. I may switch to -8an down the road, so I will remember that.

I hit a snag when I went to put one of the old flex fuel fittings onto the new Vibrant hose... It didn't fit... I found the Vibrant Hose/hose ends are larger than Russels fittings that Moto-East uses with their kits. Being that I only had straight fittings, and no "EFI" fittings for the flex fuel sensor itself. I decided not to run it. GM specific fee fuel sensors are cheap and a lot smaller than the one Motoeast uses, so I might just get one of those. Time will tell. Because of that mess up, I need to redo the fuel rail to fuel pressure regulator line tomorrow.

As it got dark out, I put everything away and pulled the intake. Brought it inside for thermal sheet on the bottom. Two tests of this - one on LS engine, one on a ford engine - have been done, both made more than 15whp more on the dyno. Take that with a grain of salt, but I had the stuff on hand, so why not. Couldn't hurt.

Going to remove and paint the throttle body and hopefully water pump/thermostat housing tomorrow as well as finish up the wiring portion.

Pictures of the fuel lines under the car:

Last edited by DustinS; 05-05-2017 at 01:40 PM.
DustinS is offline   Reply With Quote