View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #1
DoubleV

Drives: 2013 Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation [P0341] Cold start/engine issue

Hi everyone,

My 2013 GT86 has the check engine light on and throws DTC P0341.
Conditions for the issue to happen:
  • Cold start
  • After cold start program stops with the engine still warming up, I clear the DTC codes the code comes back 2 seconds after

After the engine is running warm with coolant temps around 90ºC (~200ºF) I can clear the codes and the P0341 code (or any other code) does not come back. The engine works fine and the car drives as expected

My car had the valve spring recall done a long time ago and Toyota broke a timing chain tensioner during the recall and asked me to pay to fix it.
I fixed the issue by replacing both tensioners, timing chains, guides and bolts on a external mechanical workshop.
Checked the cams sprockets and nothing was broken or clogged up.

I'm using Techstream software to check everything and even replaced the intake camshaft position sensor and OCV for Bank1 intake cam with new ones. Also got some valve shims because Toyota did not adjust the valves after the recall. The engine never did strange noises and it's currently idling smoothly as expected.

The car is 100% stock.

I'm doing some tests using the Techstream software, I'm able to do an "active test" to force the timing angle of the VVTi to advance on each head of the engine individually.
On intake bank 1 the engine stalls but on intake bank 2 the engine shakes a bit but recovers after.

I'm starting to believe this is an electrical issue and looking for some broken wires.

Would like to know what you guys think about this very strange issue that goes away when the engine is running on warm temperatures.
Which values to look for on Techstream, etc..

DoubleV is offline   Reply With Quote