Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Alright, time to brighten up this forum a little bit. Not going to get into much detail but I want to share the news with you guys.

I was born in the U.S when my mom won an scholarship for school coming from Honduras, and when I was 3 years old I moved back to Honduras with my mom. Basically was raised there for 12 years. When I was 15 me and my parents took the hardest decision and decided that I should come back for a better future. This meant leaving my parents and siblings behind, live with relatives until graduating college. It was a tumultuous 7 years, only being able to see my family once a year for shorts periods of time. Then the Army came in, add another 6 years to that. The plan was to graduate college and go back to Honduras, but hey a man makes plans and the universe laughs. Makes it 13 years without my family. Yesterday, my mom has been awarded residency after working more than 18 years with U.S Gov in Honduras. They are scheduled to permanently move to the U.S in August. I cant being to describe the joy I feel. Time to recover all that lost time.
Great!! good on you and your family. Your post brightened my day. Thanks for letting us in on the news.
ScoobsMcGee (05-22-2021), spcmafia (05-21-2021), spike021 (05-21-2021), Ultramaroon (05-21-2021)