View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Great idea! I'm kinda surprised its only Pmok and I here so far. Funny enough, I just did this loop during my lunch break (golflinks to skyline to redwood rd. and back via lake chabot). I've found that I can do the loop at a slightly faster than leisurely pace and have just enough time to stop for a taco truck burrito at E14th for my lunch hour.

Sadly, this one is a little too short notice for me, since I've already made plans to visit family over the weekend.

Since we're on the topic of driving, I just so happened to be at san jose on Monday and decided to head up Mt. Hamilton to the Lick observatory. Great road, but very tricky and I actually didn't push very hard since the road get quite tight with sharp drop-offs, plus it got really foggy since we had very low clouds that afternoon. Any body interested in doing a drive there in the future when the weather get better? I prefer going super early in the morning to avoid all the cyclists.

(I meant to take a pic by the telescope but it was so foggy/cloudy you can't see it, so next best thing was taking it by the sign )
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
PMok (02-22-2013)