View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #27
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey90 View Post
I just had another thought, since Toyota and Subaru have designed this car to embody the spirit of the AE86, which is a Corolla, I went on Toyota.com.au and did a price check on the most expensive and high spec Corolla there is for Sydney. The price comes to 31,490 RRP and 35,656 Full Drive Away.

So I'm just estimating the 86 low spec RRP to start off around $36K. Not sure if that's one way to estimate pricing. LOL!
And what does this high spec Corolla offer over the low spec 86.

Honestly for enthusiast sweet stuff all, but for Joe Blow average it offers heaps more and you wont win back or gain customers like that, no matter how good the 86/BRZ is.

Auto Corolla are out the door at 21990 atm (normally 24990 i think) so why would a similar spec 86 be 10-15k more?

Same plasticy interior, same features head unit, same fabric interior mearly a different chassis and powertrain. Actually apart from the powertrain is there any real difference?

Worth more then a povo Corolla absolutely but not 10-15k more, possibly 5-7k more at best.

Im beating the high spec Corolla you quoted will be of similar price to the low spec 86.

1 day we will know, but i sincerely hope Toyota dont stuff this up
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote