View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi all, newest update: Man it was a busy weekend for 86 pre-orders again! We are now taking pre-orders for September 2012 delivery though we do still have 1 standard version available for June/July expected delivery. A few more weeks of this and we'll be into January 2013 and onwards. We expect Toyota Australia will launch the vehicle on the 8th of June but we most likely won't be seeing any cars until the 20th (first batch of 4).

Also had a discussion with a pre-order client on the weekend about a group buy in Sydney - personally i, as a salesperson, would welcome it as i would sell more cars in one go; only problem i can see with this is that the amount of available stock most likely won't support it, i.e. if say 10-30 or so people group buy at the same time it's unlikely in the extreme that everyone would receive their cars at the same time and whilst buying in bulk usually saves the individual money i can't see many dealers willing to give much of a discount on a car that is in short supply. There are many ways of skinning a cat though as they say and i think most would consider at the least giving some incentive to people taking part in a group buy - it's hard to say exactly as we still have no concrete pricing from Toyota and the problem is that by the time the group buy happens it's unlikely there will be any stock left this year unless Toyota ramp up production or if the buyers get the cars from a bunch of dealerships.

These group buy things can be tricky as there are a number of factors to consider apart from stock levels but if anyone in Sydney is interested in doing such, i would be more than happy to discuss it with you. You can reach me on 0298288948 or 0406237776 or andrew.smith@peterwarren.com.au
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote