steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HercMax View Post
I've been following this sub forum for a while now (and props to Steve99 for his contributions for Aussies and his bit on knock correction for Aus fuels despite me having no idea what he's on about).

I'm still on the fence on getting the OFT due to the below though and I was wondering if you guys could help out.

1) scepticism on actual improvement over stock (with the updated ECU factory firmware, most DI and RPM idle issues are resolved) and the placebo effect of people feeling a difference of 10 whp. Other responses of "revving smoother" and "feeling better" also trip alarm bells.

2) unsure about long term ramifications to engine from the tune with our Aus fuel even on 98 Octane. Would I need to go with the 91 tune or the 93? It seems that RON 98 = AKI 93 but other alternative calculations peg our RON 98 at around AKI 91-92. And if I use the 2.01 OFT 93 tunes will I need to do further correction for our Aus fuel to prevent knock.

3) have no idea on how to read data logs or what I'm looking at. I might as well be reading a menu in hieroglyphics. Hence I don't like to purchase things or mod the car in a way I don't understand.

Also if I don't want flat foot shifting or launch control (unnecessary with a car of 200bhp), are these loaded automatically or can they be dialled out with the included bundled OFT manager software?

Thanks again.
It not all about top end hp , its about the increases in power and torque from about 3500 rpm and the reduction in the torque dip area.

Even my wife who drives like a nun hates the car on the stock tune , recientlyhad scheduled service and went to stock tune, her comment was whats wrong with the car.

Its a noticable and measurable improvement throught rpm range.

With the new 91 and 93 tunes we should be sorted in OZ now run 91 tune on 98 rom or run united 100ron if you want to run the 93 tune.

You would be supprised how much knock goes on with the stock tune on 98ron in OZ. Even the 93 tune is better than stock one for knock
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote