View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 02:10 AM   #34
Poodles

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
I haven't done much comparison among UEL headers, but does the HKS one really sound that different from other quality UEL headers out there?

I figured the appeal of the package for the JDM was the fact that it comes with a flash editor so you dont need a custom tune.

It appears to have the largest difference in runner length, leading to a very pronounced sound that I haven't heard on any other header. HKS tuned the header for the sound from what I've read. Apparently it doesn't make the power some other headers do (HKS compares it to their own EL header saying the EL makes more power), but the sound...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZWtmuxuto"]SUBARU BRZ BOXER SOUND EXHAUST SYSTEM LIGHT DEEP Package - YouTube[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torry@HKSUSA View Post
That's interesting. I'll have to check on that. That happened before I joined HKS. But there seems to be some interest in this manifold because I've been asked about it a few times this past week.

I will see if we can get Japan to split the kit up and sell a non-FE version for the U.S. I'm not sure how critical having the FE tune on it is, but I'll ask.

If it happens, and it's price is competitive with others on the market, you'll likely sell quite a few.

Us old school guys love HKS
Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote