why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
Ah, the Japan-only Carrozzeria DEH-P01? I believe the Carrozzeria decks were the equivalent to the Premier line, and I think they’re still marketed there. Let me know if you ever want to sell or trade it, or even borrow it out for a while just to give it some “exercise”. I’d love to see that head unit running in my system since it’s already set up for 4-way.

And thanks for the compliment. Yeah, unfortunately none of the higher-end manufacturers seem to have an audiophile head unit available anymore that will focus only on music. Most top-of-the line head units now are double-din touch screen models and are navigation-focused. Over the past 20 years, sound quality has taken a back seat to other features. The manufacturers realize that MOST people are playing compressed media files on their head units and would rather be able to have more, low resolution songs packed into one place than high resolution CD quality sound. But as the price of digital storage decreases and the amount of storage on a single chip increases, we will probably see the eventual return of the audiophile head unit in a mech-less design.

Yes that's it, I had to go check the box. I bought it used off of a friend who used to compete in SQ competitions. I think he placed 4th or 5th nationally using it, then had some massive major drama in his team and quit and sold tons of his audio gear. I meant to install it in my last car but trying to figure out the Japanese and some other issues overwhelmed me at the time and I never did.

You'd think it has become cheap enough. I can store absurd amounts of high quality music on my iphone. Never mind you can now buy 2 terabyte flash drives.

I don't get expensive touchscreens with nav. We know it won't be better nav than what we get on our phones, so what is the point?
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-12-2020)