spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsky View Post
Thank you all for the input.

I'd like to avoid going through the hassle of selling my current catback and switching to another one to be honest, plus I'm a little bit short on money right now.

I just went by a local exhaust shop and they claim they can eliminate 90% of the drone and low rpm noise by creating backpressure in the exhaust, a 1-2hours job for 200€. Something similar to a motorcycle DB Killer / silencer

It sounds like a quick and not too expensive solution, but I'm afraid I might lose some performance and perhaps some of the cracks and pops I can hear some time, what do you think?

I'm otherwise considering the Vibrant 1140 replacement to the stock FP resonator but I've read the difference would not be that big, maybe 10-20% noise difference

Might silence it, but it will probably make it sound horrible. As for performance, catbacks don't really add much HP to these vehicles, and what you'd probably lose will be hard to notice since gains are marginal. What I would suggest is if you still have it, switch to OEM catback, sell your current one, use the money for a different set up.