View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 06:40 PM   #28
James H

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
This is why you should pay for under insured motorist coverage. Especially if you lived in a state that had that low of a requirement.

I still believe it is not financially feasible for the insurance company to go after him. they are just bullying him to recoup some of their loss.

Mitama have you received a certified letter? if not they are not serious yet.

I talked to someone working in collection in my company. The whole department meets every morning to talk about every single account and progress. It's not bullying, it's their job. It doesn't take that much to get a judgement and once they have that, they can hand it to the sheriff to enforce it. They may leave it at that but having the judgement in your credit history will really mess you up. hate to say this but the OP is lucky he didn't hit a Porsche or Ferrari. Then it run into $30 to $50K damage. I agree with what others say, start talking to the other insurance company and reach some kind of payment deal. Once they have the judgement and go after you, your credit history is toast and that affects you more than you know. .
James H is offline   Reply With Quote