soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenGun View Post
Wow. Just wow. I'm very old and the preoccupation with how things look keeps amazing me. Like spending a pile of money to make your car sound a bit different, kind of blows my mind.

I would be interested as I do know a bit about that piece, what DSP you would consider better. That one kinda has a heavy rep, not that I have heard it.
'better' is always subjective. IMO, it's not better than a standalone DSP specifically because the eq is per-side, not per-channel. when i want to boost/drop a frequency, i want to boost it for a single set of drivers, not to all speakers. there's also what i consider a severe limitation in the fact that crossover frequency is limited to specific frequencies with no adjustability beyond those frequencies. nice if you run the typical/expected audio setups, but i don't do typical. the 80-prs that i run has the same limitations, it also lacks per-side eq, but i don't use it anyways.

i like knobs, and buttons. almost all radio's are moving towards the minimalist approach where there's less of both, and what there is, is expected to do more functions. the 99rs is one of the few radio's left that has a bunch of knobs and buttons that each do something specific.
albert (02-17-2021)