View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 09:42 PM   #1
Therealsumanth1

Drives: HKS V1 Supercharged 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Belt snapped...dont know what to do

I recently bought a used 2013 scion frs with a HKS GT supercharger v1 kit on it. I believe the kit is running a smaller pulley for higher boost. Its my first manual car , so I've been trying to learn stick on it the past 2 days. Yesterday I heard a strange sound coming from the engine bay and it was small pieces of the edges of the supercharger belt that had been launched around the engine bay. Today the belt completely snapped. I believe both times I was trying to get into first gear. My guess is that me being sloppy with the clutch and not letting it go soon enough was just building boost and it had no where to go, so the belt went. I know HKS discontinued the belt for the v1 supercharger kit, so I dont know how to get a replacement. Also how can I make sure this doesn't happen again?

Side note: the car is also not running very well on idle, It constantly fluctuates rpm even when fully warm, could it be that the car just isn't tuned well or something else?

Everything else in the engine bay seems to be intact, but if anyone has also ran into this belt snapping and something else went out I would love to know. How can I find a replacement belt and how much will one cost?
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf IMG_6160.pdf (17.73 MB, 576 views)
Therealsumanth1 is offline   Reply With Quote