HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 View Post
Under certain circumstances I'd really enjoy a hatch, it would just have to be executed properly. If they strayed away from it being RWD I'd be absolutely 100% opposed. Even though a hatch stye body might not add as much weight I still would be on the side it would need a significant power gain vs the current 86. If I'd put money on it I'd say its something we'll never see on the roads. I'm quite under the impression the entire platform will be out of production in a few years anyways.
indeed, imo if it doesn't at least add some additional headroom for the rear occupants and a worthwhile amount of additional cargo then it would be pretty pointless..but i would take such a package with the existing drivetrain I wouldn't care if it was slower...but you're right, it ain't happening either way.

while this is off topic, i'm not sure why you think the twins are going away. besides a handful of their really special cars like the 2000gt & lfa, toyota has typically done a good job at creating multiple generations for each of their sports cars. even the scion tc got 2 generations despite its sales tanking after the recession. plus, i thought both companies confirmed they were down for at least 1 more gen.
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote