View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 10:14 PM   #32
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,136 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Had a fun action packed weekend.

Saturday I signed up for my first autocross session. Purely a fun run, my class is stacked with heavily prepped miatas on 200tw rubber. No way in hell my setup would be competitive .
Really pushed the limits of the Advan V105s the entire time, more like I overdrove them .
Lots to learn, but by the 6th run I was actually focusing a bit more on line and keeping the tires happy. It's a lot harder to follow cones and not get lost, mess up your line.

Clipped a couple runs together with my dashcam.

Couple of shots

I also signed up for a lapping night at calabogie this evening. Three 30 minute runs, in a three car pod with lead car getting an instructor. Sort of a beginners format.
Last session I led and had a blast. Was able to get about 8/10 out of the car at times while overall being mindful of others and setting pace for the pod.
I need to sift through my dashcam footage. Might upload something if the footage is any good.

The guys at powersports garage(onsite garage at CMP) came in clutch for me squeezing me in for a last minute alignment. I somehow managed to badly throw out the toe on left rear wheel at autocross. My steering wheel was off center and the car just didn't feel right.

One of few cars that make the twins look like a boat! And it has a turbo making about 400whp
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Cephas (09-14-2021), NoHaveMSG (09-21-2021), SuperTom (02-25-2022)