View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 03:21 PM   #100
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,943 Times in 11,378 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Went today and took a tour of VIN *117 demo that is at my dealer for the next couple of days. Unfortunately, it's not a driving tour, just a "here's one in person" tour.

It was basically as described everywhere by those that have seen it. Some random musings good or bad.

Seats were very comfortable. The "messaging" feature was OK, but nothing to write home about.
The dash/screen was excellent (I particularly liked the map view behind the steering wheel).
The screen was very responsive.
There was leg room for days in the back when its in my driving position (I'm a whole 5'7"). With the front seats in the position my wife and I would use, you could almost walk through the back area.
It is long and wide. I knew that from the measurements but it translates to big in reality.
The charging door on this one does jiggle, but honestly I didn't think it was a big deal. It snaps back up in a more fluid motion.
The dial in the middle console has no weight to it. If an aftermarket one comes out I would switch that for more weight. The other controls felt good.
The cover for the glass roof is nice. It is slow though. Felt like it took 30-45 seconds to close.
117 had 20 inch wheels. I saw nothing wrong with them.
The door open/close was a nonissue. I didn't even think about it when I opened either the front or back.
No front trunk is no problem. It has more storage in back than I'll ever use.

Was able to see the opulent blue on an xt5. I'll be happy with it.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote