View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #24
mistople

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Sold), 2023 GR86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JDL Catless UEL Header & Delicious Stage 2 Tune

Been a bit MIA as work has had me very busy lately. Today was my first day off in a while, and I celebrated by installing this little titanium-coated beauty.

I originally wanted to wait till after my first track day of the season, but the event was cancelled, so I decided to just go for it. The install wasn't as easy as I would have liked (one of the bolts on the JDL is almost impossible to properly reach), but overall it went smoothly.

I'll wait to do a proper review once Zack at Delicious has looked at my logs and gives me the OK to go WOT. All I can say is the header is of fantastic quality. I'm really impressed by the construction and obvious attention to detail.

The sound on startup is much more intense than the stock headers. Even with the stock catback, you can hear a more aggressive tone at idle, and under load. I've only gone up to around 4k so far, but even then it lets through some of the rumbles. I will say that I am shocked at how quiet the setup is as 4k and under. I expected a big volume jump. Cold starts are still somewhat loud, but really nothing that would turn any heads. I'm sure a catback will change that story.

Flashing the ECU with the Delicious Stage 2 tune was painless. Despite EcuTek's ancient UI (I ran it on Bootcamp with a '16 MBP), I had no issues and both the application setup and reflash were quick and easy. No complaints. Stay tuned for videos/soundclips and an in-depth review

I didn't think to grab a picture of the headers before re-attaching the skid plate. Here's a little peak of them through the top of the bay.

mistople is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistople For This Useful Post:
derekbrz24 (03-18-2018), Ganthrithor (03-17-2018)