View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 04:40 PM   #12
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Big thing I'm waiting on right now is my engine mounts so I can see where this thing and the transmission will sit and where the transmission tunnel needs "modified". Then I can paint. There is some small work I can do though.

Today's project included the installation of a 1998 Chevy Tahoe 140amp alternator with the ICT Billet relocation bracket. Also CBM LS -16an thermostat housing with Jegs 160 degree thermostat. And the Phenix Industries(cheaper than CBM) long water pump neck. In the first photo you can see the bracket, therm housing, and me using a pipe to wobble the stock barb fitting loose. Second has it installed. I soaked it in blue Loctite and used a block of wood to protect the fitting as I hammered it in. It didn't go in up to the seat but I was hitting it hard enough I was concerned about damaging the fitting. I'm confident it won't fall out any time soon.

Also, partial install on MGW short shifter (2015 Camaro) I got on eBay used for about $225 shipped with shifter retention pins from GM. Part number 25753853.

Next I'll be installing the reverse lockout module from Jegs. Install looks simple. Power, ground, VSS, lockout solenoid. I bought a couple pigtails for the VSS in the transmission and reversed lockout solenoid. Reverse light plug will be cut and replaced with the stock FRS plug. VSS pigtail came from Wirebarn.com and the lockout solenoid plug I think on eBay. It was surprisingly easy to find compared to the VSS plug
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (08-18-2018)