Old 11-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #63406
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
I'm on a huge electronic health record conversion/merger between several hospitals, sometimes my shift is 7-5, some days it's midnight to noon, some days I've been on-call. I drove to work the other day for a midnight shift and then noticed it had changed and I didn't need to be there (after getting my laptop docked and booted). It's almost the best feeling to show up and not be scheduled, but you feel mighty silly
LOL
The one time I did it was about 25 years ago when I was just starting down my carrier path. I knew the security guard saw me pull in and since I didn't want to look like a fool I signed in and went straight to my office to "finish something up". Once I got to the office I figured I was now trapped for an hour or so and decided to finish up a project while I had no interruptions. Took me a little over an hour and then I left.
Monday the boss comes in and asks why I was there on a Sunday. Told him I just wanted to get things wrapped up and had some time to kill. He was very impressed and for my "dedication" I got a really good review that year.
DarkPira7e (11-26-2019)