Old 06-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #32
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by namdoog View Post
Had a lot of fun in the car today, but was struggling a bit. The front end kept washing out, really hard to recover from a bad entry or if I went into a corner too slow and clutch kicked it spun. But whenever I managed to hit the sweet spot it was spectacular.

Ran the stock tires up front and Sunny 3800 225/45/17s at 45psi in the rear. I just wanted to smoke the sunny's because they came with the wheels I bought but I was actually pretty impressed with the tire. 2 hours or so of track time with constant runs, they didnt chunk, smoked up well, and have plenty of tread left (I actually drove home on them because it started to rain at the track and i didn't feel like swapping them.. just dropped the pressure and rolled out)

Stock tires in the front were very limiting. As others have said - weak sidewall and very little bite. Will probably go with a better performance tire next time around.
Yeah better tires up front will help for sure. Maybe lower rear pressure too. I started at 45psi cold and it was too much. Went down to under 40psi hot and it was a 100x better.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote