View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 06:32 AM   #24
Joyride86

Drives: 15 FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I don't own a minivan, but have rented plenty of times. Honestly, a minivan is tops in terms of convenience. The large sliding doors allow for easy access. If you are in a tight parking spot, the door slides away rather than opening out. Much better to lift a baby carrier in than a regular car door. I've had a situation where the asshole next to me parks so close that the baby carrier can't fit in the opening. I have to back out and fully open the door. This is an extreme though. Another plus is the large rear hatch. Great place for a baby changing station even in rainy situations.

With our first child, we had a RAV4 and it fit everything we needed it to. If I could do it all over I would've gotten a minivan. I know minivans have a stigma and my wife refused to drive one. We met in the middle and got a Durango after our second child. It's a little smaller than the Tahoe, but effectively the same thing. If I were in your place, I would at least get a sensibly priced small suv and keep the FR-S as the weekend vehicle.

BTW, congratulations. Babies are awesome. If you thought the twins made you smile, just wait till your baby gets here.
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn, LEDs, HIDs | Yospeed Custom Plaque and Frame | Suntek Carbon Tint | Spyder Smoked Side Markers | GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocator and Hood Struts | Five:AD Spoiler | JDM Armrest | Beat-Sonic Backup Cam | Moddiction Anvil 2 | Invidia N2 |
Joyride86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joyride86 For This Useful Post:
86kahl (01-24-2016), illmatic_frs (01-25-2016)