Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Even in cali you can do a swap. that's one thing I like about them.

It's also the EASIEST way to get more power and torque.

I like the idea of making a 2liter engine make 400 hp though.

I don't like messing with DI mixed with rail based fuel injection. those are the down sides of the FA20.

I'm working on a direct to crank power adder using a special type of turbine that should be able to do that. If it works the way it should, It will aid in the reciprocation of the engine and allow higher rpms safely along with adding about 90% additional hp (yes, you read that right). I think a supercharged fa20 is a good candidate for this project which is why I don't think I'll do that engine swap.

I may start building a different engine to drop in in case this one takes a dump once I start experimenting on it, but I understand in your circumstance why you would choose to do the LS swap.

Yeah I got totally confused with the 21K thing. I don't know how I got those confused oh well...

I look forward to seeing the end result.

I come to AZ from time to time for pool tourneys so maybe I can see the final result when it's done in person...

Jaden
Let us know when you come down the AZ86 group is a friendly group I am the harshest of them Tucson or Phoenix we are always happy to meet another enthusiast.

We shall see what happens I am still not sure yet I am always over thinking things.