Old 07-15-2021, 11:47 PM   #28
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmor View Post
I wouldn't tweak the tune just yet, but I'd try a tire based dyno if I was that concerned. I think you're fine, blowing up engines is bad for business.

On the meet up angle, Look up Drift Office and/or Bob Watanabe for Washington. Bob recently passed, but he was a great resource for tuning, sharing local events, and finding tidbits on what's coming down the chain from manufacturers all the way down to part updates in parts. Haven't visited his page for a while, but he had a significant area following that should help you find other 86 owners to hang with in Washington.

Hope some of this helps being a from PDX area.
Most the meet-ups are in southern Puget Sound, so we are about the same distance from them haha

I actually met Bob about a month before he passed. He bought my stock PP suspension for his drift car. Really nice guy and chatted with me for a bit. His shop was buzzing with people and he clearly had the respect of his peers.
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote