View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
1) it's common on most subarus. By 100k, usually a wheel bearing or two will go in my experience. (I've replaced all 4 on my 05 Forester XT with 180k. My GF's 08 Forester with 80k has one done, and another JUST started to make noise....like clockwork.)

2) Very common. If it's leaking, either reseal the stock plate or use an aftermarket o-ring plate. The Nameless, Raceseng, and Velox all seem to be well made, and fix the issue at hand. Mine doesn't leak, so I actually have no first hand experience with it.

3) I've seen a few complaints about it on the forum, one or two were 'dealer resealed, it's fine now'. Don't worry about this, but check it every oil change just to be sure.

4) Enjoy driving your car.

These cars are a riot, and are very fun to modify. But please appreciate what the engineers have done before you modify lots of things, and change everything, because it's so easy to ruin what makes them great! A set of better tires like S-04's, or PSS REALLY liven up the car. Add in crash bolts or camber bolts for a bit of extra front camber with a good alignment, and maybe a catback so you can hear it, and it's a whole new car.

If you find yourself wanting power, go right for a header and a tune. 95% of the power gains are with the header and tune, and kill the torque dip.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzleSAURUS For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-10-2016)