Old 02-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #24
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Bait88 View Post
Is there much data or input around the V1 vs the B14 with the Pro Kit for T4? Has anyone done the testing to check how well damping matches with the rates for both? I'd assume someone has, but whether or not it's been shared/discussed is another matter. haha

(I ask mainly because my goal is to slowly work my way toward a T4 build, but a cage won't come for at least 2 more years)
Don't buy anything this early because rules change from year to year.

TBH, I can't speak to either, nor have I seen any dyno graphs of either. I can speak to my decision making process which heavily relies on my favorite quote: "is the juice worth the squeeze". I looked at what I'd be racing and where for starters.. A lightly modified FRS in the PacNW where the race tracks (except for Spokane) are quite smooth compared to many across this country. So all I have to build for are: PacNW tracks, maybe 1 in CA and then Road America (2020 runoffs).

I called Bilstein directly and spoke with one of their technical guys about my car and my intentional use-case. Basically the B14 was valved/designed based on data acquired from testing at the Nordschliefe (sp?) on a lowered, stiffened car. Bilsteins are also inexpensive to have re-valved/rebuilt. The capability, up front cost and revalving cost/availability of the Bilsteins sold me over other options.

The best places to gain time on track (low hanging fruit at this level of prep) will come from Tires, Tuning (power) and setup. Spending $$$ on fine tuning shocks comes last so it wasn't in the 2019 plans.
Shark_Bait88 (02-07-2019), strat61caster (02-07-2019), Tristor (03-04-2019)